Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bald man walking

For those that don't know, I grew up in Cleveland, Mississippi from the time I was three. After one year at Delta State University, I HAD to get out of small town USA. I moved to Nashville with my boy Stephen.

No, I wouldn't change much about where I've been. Although, going back to the "flatlands" this weekend made me realize living in Cleveland wasn't so bad and I should thank God forthe awesome friends that I have. As we walked around Crosstie Festival, Jackie and Jackson made fun of me for "being famous". I don't know why they were surprised. I warned them in ADVANCE that people in the Delta love me! When they see the bald head, the assumption is chemo. Chemo doesn't start until Tuesday! A bald head is just cooler and more aerodymanic. We went to the new T-Bonez (It's spelled wrong Beverly. I don't care WTH you say.) and ate dinner with the Chicorelli's. I had flashbacks of being in high schoool working again. When we walked in, Ronnie, Beverly, Peaches, ToJo and Rob were all there. What jolted me back into reality was "little" Rob walking out of the kitchen. He's now 22, 5'9" and part owner. Far from the 3 year old running around causing chaos while I was cooking in the 90's. It was great seeing everyone and very humbling to hear of the fundraisers and events being planned to help my family. 

We all need to appreciate our friends, the places we live, our family and all that God has given us.

p.s. I found a five year old to write my next blog.  She's a great storyteller.  It's all yours Mary Ella . . .

2 comments:

  1. I agree. We do need to appreciate our friends, the places we live, our family and all that we have been given in this lifetime. We sometime forget the important things because of the hustle and bustle of life. Loss happens everyday. We seem to easily remember that. We forget that love happens everyday too. Like Tupac said, "Keep ya head up."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my friends! Although I was told last night by a married friend with a child I was TOO FUN to hang out with. WTH?? I appreciate you and all that you're going through and the disposition you have to overcome it! I did Allison's hair yesterday, and she shared with me the seriousness of it. I had no idea that it was as bad as it was. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete